John David Washington’s short Afro haircut – with that beautifully groomed facial topiary – are winning him as many plaudits as his roles in BlacKkKlansman, Tenet and his current film, Malcolm & Marie alongside Zendaya (streaming now on Netflix).
Plus with Denzel is his dad (he also calls Samuel L Jackson ‘Uncle Sam’) it’s safe to say that he’s a rising star who has spent his life amongst Hollywood royalty.
And soon we’ll know his name as well as the superstars he grew up around…
- For John David Washington’s short Afro haircut ask your barber for a rounded shape all over.
- His hair is cut freehand to the length of choice.
- Your stylist might also use a sponge to slightly twist the hair for natural curl.
- Your Afro haircut will need regular maintenance from your barber with a cut every month to keep it looking sharp.
- The beard looks natural, but the lines are kept sharp and neat.
- To style a short Afro haircut use a hair pick to comb hair upwards and outwards to maintain the shape
- Then smooth into shape with your palms and a dab of matte paste.
- Go steady as you want hair to have hold, but not be stiff.
- We recommend using a leave-in deep conditioning treatment once a week to keep your Afro hair in great condition.
- For JDW’s extremely on point facial topiary, find a beard trimmer with the right guard lengths – his beard looks to be around 12-16 mm, and the cheeks approximately 9-12 mm.
- Use a straight razor to clean up the cheeks, too.