Brodie Townsend’s curly modern mullet takes any preconceptions you might have about the party-in-the-back hairstyle and totally flips them on their head.
A modern mullet offers a more subtle, cool and fresh take on the old-school cut, while still maintaining that iconic length at the back. This style is all about texture, so it’s a great one for showcasing the Heartbreak High actor’s awesome waves and curls.
Sure, it takes patience to grow your hair out ahead of booking in for a mullet haircut. But, once you’re there, it can be a really fun and versatile look to make your own. Besides, nobody wants to be at a party too early anyway, right?
- For Brodie Townsend’s curly modern mullet, look for a barber who specialises in working with wavy and curly hair. If they also have experience in cutting mullet hairstyles? Even better.
- A modern mullet tends to mean your hair is shorter at the sides, while the hair at the back is the same length – or slightly longer – as on top. It’s less drastic than an old-school mullet.
- The shorter sides can be achieved via a soft scissor cut, taper or skin fade, depending on the look you’re going for.
- To make the most of Brodie Townsend’s curly modern mullet, apply a small amount of curl cream (around the size of a penny) after rinsing out your shampoo and conditioner. This can help to define and nourish your curls.
- When it comes to styling, try working a small amount of lightweight mousse or sea salt spray through gently-towel-dried hair.
- If you’re blow drying, opt for a low-to-medium setting to help ward off frizz and heat damage.
- A diffuser attachment on the hair dryer can help to spread and control the air flow, so curls stay structured.
- This look is all about that tousled feel, so use the dryer and your hands to direct and shape with that in mind.
- For an extra dose of texture, warm a pea-sized amount of matte styling clay or wax in your hands, then run it through your hair.