Matt came into Ruffians in Edinburgh for a cut with Craig. He wanted a style that was contemporary but not the usual hard fade that we see on so many guys with short hair.
This is a great hairstyle for anyone with thick, coarse hair. You’ll see that by just shaping and defining the length, Matt’s hairstyle has been instantly – and easily – elevated.
See ‘What To Ask Your Barber‘ and ‘How To‘ style it yourself at home below.
- 1 back and sides – tapered down to a half.
- Top tip: Because Matthew’s hair is so coarse, taking it shorter allows for a smoother blend.
- Detailers around the ears, the bottom of the neck and around the temple.
- Working down from a 4 on the sides to cut down weight.
- Top – point cutting.
- Loads of weight off the back.
- Clipper over comb – more time spent on thicker hair to keep it really smooth.
- Start with clean and towel-dried hair.
- Work a pea-sized amount of hair cream into your hands.
- Emulsify until you can’t see the product.
- Work through your hair – back to front.
- Using your hands and a hairdryer, shake at the hair whilst sweeping forward.
- Work until the hair is almost dry.
- If needed, add a little more product to refine and define the style.