The silk embroidered bomber – souvenir jacket – is a trend that you should be paying attention to.
In this post, I’ve pulled out a mix of souvenirs to meet any budget.
Originating in Japan after World War II, The souvenir jacket (Japanese: sukajan) was originally commissioned by American soldiers to commemorate their time spent overseas.
But 70 years after their creation, Louis Vuitton, Pringle and Saint Laurent have all championed the trend; with Gucci’s Alessandro Michele going big with it this year in his Asian-infused ready to wear collection.
But the souvenir isn’t just for the big designers, with loads of high street and online retailers creating their very own silk bombers.
How to wear:
- Layer a darker bomber over an oxford shirt with chinos or black jeans for a smarter, evening look.
- Bright colours and patterns are great for spring/summer.
- Wear the bomber one size bigger with fitted jeans for a more urban look.
- Keep it fuss-free with a plain coloured shirt or t-shirt.
- Avoid a car crash of textures, colours and patterns.
- Less is more with the souvenir