FocKan/WireImageThe most obvious feature of diamond face shape is the chiselled jawline. Again, this is considered an extremely masculine face shape. It differs to a square shape as your whole face shape will be angular and defined.
When it comes to hair, you can opt to have more length on top to add shape around your face. Something like a high fade with a sweeping fringe will add more width to the top of the hair whilst accentuating your cheekbones.
Or, perhaps style your hair right back off your face in a faux hawk. Just don’t style your hair too high or it will start to feel boxy.
The trick is to add loads of texture to the hair, breaking up hard lines and adding more movement into the style.
Do You Have A Diamond Face Shape?
- Chiselled Jaw
- Angular Cheekbones
- Cheekbones Are The Widest Part
Famous Men With A Diamond Face Shape
Johnny Depp: 90s Grown Out Taper Hairstyle
Zayn Malik: Buzz Cut
Zayn Malik, of One Direction fame, certainly loves to experiment with his style; in fashion and with his hair. He regularly goes back to the buzz cut and fully shaves his head. Fortunately, he pulls it off with ease.
- Go for a grade 1 or 2 all over, using clippers.
- Alternatively, using the clippers, fade from a grade 0 at the neck, moving up towards the crown, and then leave the top slightly longer.
Matt Bomer: Natural Wavy Hairstyle
This is a great length of hairstyle on Matt Bomer.
Working with his natural texture and hair movement gives this hairstyle a really relaxed and effortless finish. Big fan!
Chris Hemsworth: Widow’s Peak Hairstyle
Chris Hemsworth’s hairstyle works perfectly for his widow’s peak. Volume in the front, with the sides left loose and full of texture.
- Keep the length on the top.
- Tight and neat on the sides.
- Chop into the top to create texture – don’t use thinning scissors.
- Style how you like. There are plenty of options; slick back, leave natural, or build volume in the top and finish with a high hold clay.
Machine Gun Kelly: Bleached Blonde Sweeping Fringe Hairstyle
To be honest, it’s a bit ‘punk pop boyband circa 2002’ for MFH’s tastes, but Machine Gun Kelly has definitely got the punk attitude to pull it off…
If you want to take the plunge and dye your hair blonde, invest in some purple shampoo to beat brassiness and deep conditioning treatments to banish any dryness.
- To keep maintain your bleached blonde hair, make sure you use a purple shampoo. This will stop it from going a brassy/yellow colour.
- Bleaching your hair can dry your hair out. Use a nourishing treatment or hair mask to hydrate and nourish hair.
- When styling like Machine Gun Kelly don’t work with freshly washed hair. The singer’s style is all about rock n’ roll, lived-in hair. Use clay, powder, or wax to create hold and texture.