If you’re after a laidback look that’ll fare as well in the gym as it does at work or on a date, then consider this a winner.
MFH loves the versatile top length that’ll let you easily experiment with different parts and degrees of texture.
Some product intel: Toby – a fitness entrepreneur, model and the brother of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley – shared in a chat with La Pochette that he’s a fan of Larry King’s hairstyling clay. *Quickly adds to cart*
- For Toby Huntington-Whiteley’s nostalgic, classic swept-back hairstyle, ask for a scissor cut on top with plenty of length left for styling.
- Your barber may use a point-cutting technique to add texture and movement.
- Go for short or tapered back and sides – this can be done with scissors or clippers, depending on how much contrast you want with the top.
- Toby styles his hair with both off-centre parts and side parts, so ask for a cut with the same flexibility.
- Book in for regular trims to deal with any split ends and keep your hair healthy.
- To style Toby Huntington-Whiteley’s swept-back look, use your fingers to run a few spritzes of sea salt spray through towel-dried hair. Go for a heat-protecting product (like ANFORH TVS) if you’re blow drying.
- Create an off-centre part with a comb. You’re aiming for a relaxed feel, so don’t worry about making it too precise.
- Time to blow dry – build volume by using your hands to push and flip your hair as you go.
- Warm a pea-sized amount of clay or wax with a matte finish between your hands, then run it through your hair.
- Sweep the top up and back off your face with your hands for that tousled finish.