How to create a big quiff that will last all day.
I came across this quiff technique accidentally. I was in a massive rush to get to my friend’s house for dinner and had overloaded my hair with styling clay. Instead of the matte slick back that I hoped for, my hair was a shiny, glossy mess. Either I embraced the style (not an option), I washed it out, or I got creative.
I took the creative route, grabbing a dry shampoo in the hope that I could erase the greasy damage. On adding dry shampoo, I was amazed to see that my hair took on a life of its own.
On mixing with molding clay, I had created a styling combination that gave me great hold with absolute sky-high volume. Winner!
Let the 23rd of January 2016 be known as the day the extreme quiff was born.
- Label M Grooming Cream
- American Crew Molding Clay
- Batiste XXL dry shampoo
- Wella Silvikrin Classic hairspray
- Work with clean and towel dry hair.
- Prep the hair with Label M Grooming Cream to thicken the hair.
- Use a hairdryer on a medium heat and fast speed to dry the hair.
- Use a 10p/dime sized amount of American Crew Molding Clay and distribute evenly throughout the hair.
- Use the hairdryer again to work the product all the way through your hair.
- Spray Batiste XXL Dry Shampoo directly into – and all over – the hair.
- Work the product throughout with your hands.
- Mould the shape of the quiff and pull on sections of the hair for extra volume.
- When you’re happy with the style, use hairspray all over to fix in place.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here