If you’re looking for a way to achieve a sun-kissed glow without the harmful effects of UV rays, self-tanning is an excellent option.
Follow these top tips.
- Exfoliate your skin beforehand to ensure an even application. Use a gentle scrub or exfoliating mitt to remove dead skin cells and create a smooth canvas for your self-tanner.
- Apply a thin layer of moisturiser to dry areas like your elbows, knees, and ankles. This will prevent the self-tanner from clinging to these areas and creating a patchy appearance. I also work the moisturiser into my hairline and my facial hair.
- Start at your feet and work your way up, applying the self-tanner in circular motions (mousse and cream) or a light mist (spray). Don’t forget your face and your back. I use The Isle of Paradise Water in medium.
- Use a tanning mitt or gloves to blend the self-tanner. This will help you avoid streaks and ensure an even application.
- Wait at least 6 hours before showering or sweating to allow the self-tanner to develop fully. Avoid wearing tight clothing or sleeping in white sheets during this time.
Remember to always patch test a small area of skin before applying self-tanner all over your body, and follow the product instructions carefully.
With these tips, you’ll be able to achieve a natural-looking self-tan that will have you glowing all year round!
Watch The Video
View this post on Instagram