If you don’t own a sea salt spray, go out and buy one. Trust us, it is worth having one of these to hand as it can be used in many ways.
You can use it on holiday, or just as a pre-styling product to create the effect of having just come off a beach!
What Is A Salt Spray?
Sea salt spray is exactly that: a spray formula with salt and additional compounds.
Salt water is known for absorbing the natural oils in your hair which is why you get texture, waves and volume after a day at the beach.
Due to its beach-like effect, sea salt spray has fast become a summer staple in the product arsenal of men around the world.
Sea salt spray will add texture and body without leaving your hair feeling sticky, greasy, shiny or hard.
How To Use Sea Salt Spray
Gone are the days when sea salt spray was only used by girls who wanted big beachy hair with loads of volume. Now loads of us guys are using it to add grip to freshly washed hair; add volume before styling; or refresh and remove oily shine from unwashed hair.
Sea Salt Spray: As A Pre-Styler
- Man For Himself recommends using a hairdryer, after spraying it onto the hair. Use your hands to really scrunch it up to achieve those waves.
- It is best to use it on damp or wet hair.
- Use a brush to build more volume, if needed.
- Spraying directly onto the roots will boost volume but be aware, it might dry out the hair.
- For a more relaxed look, let the hair dry naturally after application.
Sea Salt Spray: As A Styling Product
- This is perfect if your hair feels weightless after washing your hair.
- As a finishing product, sea salt spray will add grip to the hair.
- Spray onto towel dried, freshly washed hair, and let it dry naturally.
Sea Salt Spray: To Remove Grease Or Shine In Hair
- Use sea salt spray to revive and refresh flat or unwashed hair.
- Spritz the hair with a spray, but do not soak.
- Use a wide end comp to comb out.
- Let the product dry naturally.
- The sea salt will dry out the hair and remove any grease.
3 Ways To Use Sea Salt Spray
Try One Of These