Rapper, songwriter and producer G-Eazy has a really distinctive hairstyle. It’s a super-cool 1930/40s slick back with a hard side parting.
Often referred to as the James Dean of rap, his style is totally timeless and a firm favourite of mine.
In my video tutorial, I show you how to achieve his style using a pomade and a comb.
A pomade with a high gloss works perfectly for this look. Not only will it give you a great finish, but it will also allow you to mould the slick back with ease.
Key features of this style
- Hard side parting. I’ve had a razor part put in to make the style more distinctive.
- Hair combed away from the parting and straight back on itself.
- Hair flat to the head, unlike the pompadour which relies on volume in the front.
- Start with clean and towel dry hair.
- Warm a dime/10p size piece of pomade into your hands.
- Work the pomade through your hair – back to front – coating the underside of your hair.
- Add a little more pomade, warm again into your hands.
- Now push back under your hair, coating all the hair, root to tip.
- Add in your side parting by pulling the end of the comb from your crown at the back of your head to the front.
- Move the hair on either side of the parting away from it.
- Using the fine tooth side of the comb, comb your hair back and across – away from the side part.
- Use your free hand to smooth the hair down.
- Continue combing – back and to the side – until you are happy.
- Smooth the sides down and back using a little product on your hands.