10 Feb Men’s Formal and Evening Hairstyle
I’m pretty sure this is how I’m going to style my hair for my sister’s wedding in April.
Video tutorial at bottom of article
It’s a classic style but my modern cut gives it a contemporary edge. I did this exact style for InStyle’s pre-BAFTA party last week and I absolutely loved it.
It got me thinking that this would be the perfect hairstyle for a school formal, prom, evening event or a wedding.
And the best thing – it’s really easy to achieve.
- Label M Grooming Cream – to thicken my hair and add volume
- Star Wax Crystal – great shine and high hold
- Fine tooth comb
- Wella Silvikrin Classic hairspray
- Back and sides – 0.5 grade – scissor over comb.
- Top – hand cut to neaten, but keeping the length.
- Start with clean and towel dry hair.
- Work the Grooming Cream throughout the length of the hair.
- Using a hairdryer, dry your hair in the direction you want it to sit.
- Use a 10p/dime size amount of pomade.
- Brush at the surface of the hair – back to front.
- Add more product, this time pushing under the hair – front to back.
- Work the style in – sweeping with one hand and holding down the part with the other.
- Add in your side part using your hands.
- Neaten up the style using a fine tooth comb.
- Use a little bit of pomade or hairspray to pick up and place any flyaways.
- Fix in place by spraying hairspray across the surface of the hair.