I’m pretty sure this is how I’m going to style my hair for my sister’s wedding in April.
It’s a classic style but my modern cut gives it a contemporary edge. I did this exact style for InStyle’s pre-BAFTA party last week and I absolutely loved it.
It got me thinking that this would be the perfect hairstyle for a school formal, prom, evening event or a wedding.
And the best thing – it’s really easy to achieve.
- Label M Grooming Cream – to thicken my hair and add volume
- Star Wax Crystal – great shine and high hold
- Fine tooth comb
- Wella Silvikrin Classic hairspray
- Back and sides – 0.5 grade – scissor over comb.
- Top – hand cut to neaten, but keeping the length.
- Start with clean and towel dry hair.
- Work the Grooming Cream throughout the length of the hair.
- Using a hairdryer, dry your hair in the direction you want it to sit.
- Use a 10p/dime size amount of pomade.
- Brush at the surface of the hair – back to front.
- Add more product, this time pushing under the hair – front to back.
- Work the style in – sweeping with one hand and holding down the part with the other.
- Add in your side part using your hands.
- Neaten up the style using a fine tooth comb.
- Use a little bit of pomade or hairspray to pick up and place any flyaways.
- Fix in place by spraying hairspray across the surface of the hair.