Yes, you did read that correctly. Durex is recruiting 50 members of the British public to test drive their new Durex Nude condom. And, they’re going to pay you £100 for the pleasure!
The move comes following new research from the sexual wellbeing brand revealing that despite a rise in STIs in the UK (up 24% year-on-year), 62% of sexually active UK singletons don’t, or rarely use, condoms.
According to the brand’s survey of 2,000 UK adults, the average sexually active adult has had sex an average of 94 times over the past year. This rises to over 140 times amongst 18–34-year-olds. The research also showed that the average sexually active singleton had at least 4 sexual partners in the last year.
One in five (20%) sexually active UK men claim their biggest barrier to condom usage is the perception that they reduce sensation, whilst other barriers from sexually active UK singletons included the belief that condoms make sex less spontaneous (18%), and that condoms are a ‘mood killer’ (11%).
So confident that the new Durex Nude condom will not reduce sexual pleasure, Durex is putting its money where its mouth is… hiring 50 members of the British public to test and review the new launch for £100.
How To Apply
- Apply directly on this @Durex Instagram post.
- Open from now until 23:59 on 20/9/23.
- UK only, 18+
- 1 prize draw for a chance to win 1 of 50 Durex Nude Condom Hampers plus the chance to receive £100 via bank transfer for trialling the product and leaving a minimum 50 word review of the products.
- The package contains Durex Nude condoms, Durex lube and a measurement guide.
- Full terms and conditions on the Durex Instagram post.
The research was conducted via a survey of 2,000 UK adults from 18 August 2023 – 22 August 2023. It was conducted by Opinium Research. Of the 2,000, 939 are male and 1052 are female (9 did not specify) and of these 723 men and 736 women are sexually active.
* GOV.UK: In 2022 there were 392,453 diagnoses of new STIs among England residents, an increase of 23.8% compared to 2021 (317,022).