How to style a mid tier fade with a messy, slicked back finish.
Using wax, I’ve gone for a really casual, dishevelled look that will suit any guy (or girl) with a similar cut to me.
I’m using a wax for the very reason that I don’t normally like using wax. I want my hair to look really lived in and almost greasy.
I’ve had my hair thinned out slightly on the top, so I’m conscious that I need to build some volume into it. To thicken it ahead of styling, I’ve used a salt spray.
- Work with towel dry hair.
- Prep the hair with a salt spray to build the volume.
- Blast with a medium heat hairdryer and work through.
- Warm the wax up in your hands.
- Run your hands through your hair, root to tip.
- Build the wax up in layers – applying as much as you need to control the hair.
- Stop before your hair feels oversaturated.
- If you have a side part (or want one), you can add it in now. Keep it messy. It doesn’t need to be perfect.
- Run you hands down the back and sides of the hair to neaten slightly.
- To finish, sweep a thin layer of wax across the surface of the hair.
See how I have my hair cut here