16 Aug DIY How To | Nutrifying Egg Hair Mask
Strengthen your hair and add a natural glossy shine to it with this homemade hair mask.
Scroll down for the video
It’s quick, easy and can be made with ingredients that you’ll find in your kitchen.
You will need…
- 1 egg
- Half a glass of milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Half a lemon or 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
What do the ingredients do?
- Egg – protein (nourishes for hair growth), fatty acids (for a natural glossy shine), potassium (to heal damaged hair), vitamin A (strengthens hair), vitamin D (prevents hair loss and balding), vitamin B12 (promotes hair growth), calcium (for healthy hair and helps with the absorption of vitamin D).
- Milk – softens hair.
- Olive oil – hydrates hair and acts as a natural conditioner.
- Lemon juice – closes the pores on the scalp, reducing excess oil.
- Normal hair – use the whole egg
- Oily, greasy hair – use the egg white only
- Dry, damaged hair – use the egg yolk only
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together. Make sure there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Apply to your hair, from root to tip. Place a shower cap over to avoid a mess.
- Leave in your hair for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair with cold water (hot will cook the egg!) to remove all traces of the mixture.
- Towel dry your hair and then leave it to completely dry naturally.