10 Apr Toni Mahfud Hairstyle Tutorial
In this post and video, I’ll show you how to achieve Toni Mahfud’s hairstyle.
Not only does artist and model Toni Mahfud have great genes, but he’s also got pretty epic hair!
Read on to see how to create this volumised, messy quiff – complete with Toni’s trademark hair strand over the eye.
Toni Mahfud’s haircut
- Toni has a clipper grade one on the back and sides.
- He’s left his hair long on top with the length down to his chin.
Looking at Toni’s pictures, I wanted to choose products that would give me volume, definition and a light hold.
Products I’m using:
- Windle & Moodie Shine and Smoothing Oil
- Kevin Murphy Powder Puff
- Toni&Guy Styling Putty
- Wella Silvikrin Classic Maximum Hold
- I start with clean and towel dry hair.
- I’m using two pumps of Windle & Moodie Shine and Smoothing Oil to prep my hair before styling.
- Using a medium heat, fast speed on the hair dryer, I dry my hair up and against the way it grows for more volume.
- I then sprinkle some Kevin Murphy Powder Puff volumising powder into my roots.
- I work my hands through the hair to evenly distribute it.
- Using a tiny amount (pea size) of Toni&Guy’s styling putty, I create more volume and definition in my hair.
- With my hands, I lift the hair up and over.
- I then use the hair dryer again to work more volume into the hair.
- For the strand at the front, I pull some of the hair forward and curl down towards my nose.
- Once happy, I fix it all in place with Wella Silvikrin Classic hairspray.
If you give this a go, let me know how you get on.
Tag me in your Instagram pictures (@ManForHimself) and I’ll be sure to check them out.