16 Jul Spiced Old Fashioned | How To
Take one classic cocktail and give it a spicy kick.
As the drink of choice for Mad Men’s Don Draper, the Old Fashioned has seen a resurgence in cocktail bars and homes alike. With its unmistaken smoky flavour, it’s fast become one of my favourite cocktails.
Not one to get too comfortable, I’ve decided to take the classic and add a paprika twist. Working with the rich flavour of Woodford Reserve bourbon, my Spiced Old Fashioned certainly packs a punch!
Follow the steps below to create your own.
- Woodford Reserve – 50ml
- Sugar Syrup – 15ml
- Angostura Bitters – 3 dashes
- Paprika powder – to taste (I suggest 1tsp)
- Add the sugar syrup and bitters to the glass
- Add the paprika powder to the mixture and stir
- Add 1/3 of the Woodford Reserve with the ice cubes
- Keep repeating until the Woodford Reserve is finished
- Sit back. Feet up. Sip.
Woodford Reserve – RRP: £31 – Stockists: Waitrose, Ocado, Tesco and Asda