Paul’s (or should we say Connell’s?) floppy, messy crop launched a thousand copycat hairstyles after the actor appeared in 2020 TV hit Normal People.
- Every barber will know what a crop haircut is, but make sure you ask for a textured crop.
- To style Paul’s messy crop at home you’ll need to have lots of varying texture throughout the cut.
- Ask for about 1-3 inches on top, depending on how long you want your fringe. Then decide how short you want to go on the back and sides.
- To really nail Paul’s look at home you’ll need texturising products like a clay.
- Opt for styling products with the word matte on them to avoid the risk of hair looking shiny (read: greasy).
- Blowdry hair on a medium heat and low speed. Use your fingers to add texture.
- Then once dry, work a small bit of matte clay all over your hands and run it through your hair from back to front, getting the product all over the hair.
- Remember, building product up bit by bit is easier than trying to take it away!