13 May How To Tie a Bow Tie
Follow my 10 step tutorial for how to tie a bow tie.
It can be a little daunting and difficult at first, but watch on and I promise you will get it.
You will need a shirt with collars and a self-tie bow tie. My bow tie is from ASOS.
- Place the tie over your shoulders – leaving one side about an inch longer.
- Cross the long side over the short side and pull through to tie.
- Place the long side on your opposite shoulder.
- Fold dangling end to make the first loop.
- Take long side off shoulder and down to form an ‘elephant’ with two ears and a trunk.
- Fold the ‘ears’ forward together.
- Fold the ‘trunk’ back on itself to form an ’S’ and pass through the loop at the back of the tie.
- Let go of the ‘ears’ and neaten the 4 sides.
- Fold down your collar.
- Neaten the bow tie. Done.