07 Oct DIY Salt Spray | Voluminous, Textured Hair
Use a salt spray as a pre-styling treatment or finishing product to add instant volume and texture to your hair.
This is a super-simple and cheap DIY to make your own sea salt spray.
You will need…
A plastic spray bottle
1 tablespoon of sea salt
1 tablespoon of melted unrefined or organic coconut oil
1 tablespoon of hair gel
1 cup of warm water
You can also add a few drops of an essential oil to add a scent. I’m using lemongrass
- Half fill the plastic bottle with warm water.
- Empty the bottle into a mixing bowl or measuring jug.
- Dissolve the salt in the water.
- Pour the salt water into the spray bottle.
- In the mixing bowl/ measuring jug, mix the coconut oil with the hair gel.
- Add the mixture to the plastic bottle and shake.
- Top up the plastic bottle with warm water and shake to mix.
- Add a few drops of essential oil (optional) and shake.
- You’re done. Time to use your salt spray.