I’ve got 5 top tips for you to get the most out of using your hair dryer.
Tip 1 – Towel dry hair
- Make sure that your hair is towel dry before using your hair dryer.
- This will speed up the whole process.
- It will also mean that your hair isn’t subjected to more heat than it needs.
Tip 2 – Use a product
- If you follow these steps properly, you shouldn’t need a heat protection product.
- I would recommend using a product to style the hair whilst using the hair dryer.
- Top picks: Label M Grooming Cream and Label M Thickening Tonic.
Tip 3 – Temperature
- My hair dryer has three heat settings. I never use the hottest setting.
- I use a medium heat (second setting) and keep the hair dryer moving around my head.
- Avoid using too much heat on one area.
Tip 4 – Direct the air
- Use the nozzle of the hair dryer.
- Direct the air up for volume.
- Direct the air down to smooth and tame the hair.
Tip 5 – Finish with cold air
- When your hair is hot, the cuticle (surface) of the hair is open, making it look thin and dull.
- Blast your hair with cold air to finish, it will make your hair look thicker and glossier.
My hair dryer – Remington D3099GP