11 Dec Spiced Apple Mimosa | Christmas Cocktail
Why have a Mulled Wine when you can have a Spiced Apple Mimosa this Christmas?
Mimosas are more often associated with summer, but these a refreshing and festive alternative to a simple glass of fizz… and they are super-simple and quick to make.
Video below the article
A Mimosa is a cocktail generally made with equal parts champagne and fruit juice. For this recipe, I’ve chosen to use prosecco, but you can also use champagne or cava.
- 2 champagne flutes
- 1 bottle of prosecco/champagne/cava
- 1 ¼ cups apple juice
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
For the rim:
- 1 ¼ tsp light muscovado sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Sliced apple
- Combine the apple juice, cinnamon and nutmeg in a jug.
- On a surface or plate, mix all the rim ingredients.
- Dip the edge of each champagne flute into the apple juice mixture.
- Roll the edge of the champagne flutes in the rim mixture.
- Half fill each flute with the the apple juice mixture.
- Top with prosecco/champagne/cava.
For the garnish:
- Chop the apple into small wedges.
- Roll in the rim mixture.
- Place on the edge of the champagne flute.